This Tuesday, November 16, at 7.30 pm in the County Library:
A change from our regular meeting in the Rua Red, this week, we’re launching the Tallaght Photographic Society International Salon of Photographic Art.
This exhibition will feature marvellous images by photographers from all over the world. The official launch this Tuesday will include the prize giving ceremony for the winners of the competition.
Hope to see you there!
This Sunday, November 14, the TPS have a couple of panels entered into the IPF National Shield. This is being hosted by the SatSun Camera Club at the Ballyfermot Civic Centre. Below is a timetable of the day:
- Hanging of Prints from 08:30 to 09:30
- Judging of Prints from 10:00 to 12:30 – during this period the hall will be closed
- Workshop by Stanley McAlreavey of Alpha Digital Services on the GXR Inter changeable Lens Digital Compact Camera and proline studio lighting will take place from 10:30 onwards
- The Photography Ireland 2011 Yearbook will also be launched during this time
- Judges comments will commence at 2pm
- Presentation of awards will take place at 4pm. After this the prints can be taken down.
Just a reminder to TPS members about our Christmas Party being held on Saturday, December 18 at Bewley’s Hotel in Newland’s Cross. The night includes a four-course meal and entertainment will be provided by Elvis!!! (or someone like him!) all for just €28.
Deposits and payments for the Christmas Party will be taken at future TPS meetings so make sure you book a place!