This Tuesday at our weekly club meeting, at the Maldron Tallaght, we are running an Interclub Competition with Clondalkin Camera Club. We have selected 10 Colour and 10 Mono photographs, and Clondalkin has done likewise. They will each be judged on the night by an independent judge and the club with the most points at the end of the night is deemed the winner. Michelle LaGrue has very kindly agreed to judge for us. There are a lot of images to get through so please arrive early so we can get started at 8pm sharp.
I would just like to say a huge thank you and well done to member Alice O Brien who ran a beginners course on Saturday 30th March in the Library in Tallaght. By all accounts it was a very successful event so hopefully we’ll persuade Alice to run it again!!
Mark Pollock will be accepting photographs of Tallaght up to September with a view to creating a Calendar for 2020. Mark will let us know how to submit the photos on Tuesday but in the meantime keep shooting!!
April’s One Shot will take place on Tuesday 9th of April, the theme is “Reflections” and will be judged on the night by Marcin Ruta
See you all on Tuesday at 8pm.Read On
This Tuesday at our weekly meeting in the Maldron Tallaght is our Monthly League Judging Night. This month Malcolm McCamley, FIPF has kindly agreed to do the honours. Malcolm’s photographic interests include Nature and Macro.
If you would like to participate in the beginners course on March 30th, please give your name to Alice at the door on Tuesday.
Marcin Ruta won March’s one shot and has set the theme for April’s One Shot as “Reflections”. The April One Shot will take place on Tuesday April 9th.
See you all on Tuesday at 8pm sharp and good luck to everyone.Read On
This week at our weekly meeting in the Maldron Tallaght we are welcoming Adrian Hendroff to speak to us. Adrian is both a photographer and author of several guidebooks. We look forward to hearing about how he combines his love of photography and mountain walking.
This week is also hand in night for our Monthly League. Please have your prints mounted and ready and your projected resized and named correctly. Instructions below:
• Printed images must be presented on mounting boards no larger than 20×16 inches (51×41 cm).
• All submissions should have a completed competition entry label affixed to the back.
• Digital images should be submitted in jpeg format resized to 2,400 pixels on the longest side with a resolution of 240 dpi. This will allow the club to add the image to a database from which it can be considered for entry into future IPF club competitions.
• Please send images to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before entry night or bring them along on USB on entry night
• Members are asked to adhere to the following naming convention:
• Member Number-Division-Title-Category e.g. 12345-Advanced-Selfie-Mono Print
• The committee requests that all images, whether for entry into the projected or print categories, are submitted in digital format.
See you all on Tuesday at 8pm sharp.Read On
This Tuesday at the club we welcome Tony Murray from Technical University Dublin (Formerly DIT) to talk to us about image selection and editing in Lightroom.
This Tuesday is also One Shot night. The theme is “Pets” and will be judged on the night by February’s winner Michael Meehan. Bring your entries along on USB on the night and give them to Rosemary.
Don’t forget next Tuesday 19th is Monthly League hand in night.
See you at 8pm on Tuesday!Read On